I’m Javier Barnes, a game designer and economist based in Barcelona, with +10 years of experience on the games industry, both as a game designer and as a monetization specialist.
Currently, I work as Senior Product Manager at Tilting Point, one of the fastest growing free-to-play and mobile games publisher in the world. If your company has live games and is looking for funding or help scaling UA, contact me!
I’m also the Design Director of an indie brand called Pixel Noire Games, where a set of visual novel creators develop games with lovecraftian themes. I also work as freelance designer and consultant for several (big) companies.
Check my Linkedin profile for more info.
Among my portfolio you can find titles such as:
- Monster Legends (from Social Point, as Lead Game Designer)
- Despicable Me: Minion Rush (from Gameloft Barcelona, as Game Economy Designer)
- Asphalt 8: Airborne (from Gameloft Barcelona, as Game Economy Designer)
- Asphalt Xtreme (from Gameloft Madrid, as Game Economy Designer)
- And several other mobile titles: Iron Man 3: The Official Game, PLAYMOBIL Pirates, Six-Guns, Rival Knights…
- Other achievements include being Game Monetization Director at Gameloft Montreal (during their transition to the F2P model) and being part of the Asphalt Franchise management team as their monetization/systems specialist.
On top of that,
in 2015 I co-founded RIOT Wrestling, one of the biggest pro wrestling promotions in Spain, which runs all kinds of sport-themed events all over the country for crowds of +1000, as well as +100 incredible workers and associates.